Snack: Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Servings: 6 cups
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Roasted cauliflower is transformed into something so tasty, you almost forget you’re eating veggies. It is great as a side dish, topping on a salad or just to munch on in front of the T.V.
- 1 medium-large size cauliflower, washed
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pull the leaves off of the cauliflower base. Cut off the lower part of the stem.
- Cut the head into 4 quarters. Cut each quarter in about 6-8 pieces.
- Toss the pieces in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients trying to coat each piece with oil.
- Spread evenly onto the baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Move the cauliflower around a few times during cooking.
- Bake until golden brown and tender.