Snack: Rainbow Roll Ups
Servings: 16 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 1 package light cream cheese (250 grams), left out at room temperature for 2 hours
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 (8-inch medium size) flour tortillas, preferably whole wheat
- 2 green peppers, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
Directions for Preparation
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch dressing until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each tortilla, going all the way to the edge.
- Divide vegetables evenly over tortillas, do not overfill. Push down firmly into the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll each tortilla tightly and wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 2 hours before slicing. Slice each roll up into 8 pieces.
Get the kids in the kitchen to help out with this recipe. Showing them how to prepare food can lead to healthier eating habits, including eating more vegetables and fruit over their lifetime.