Main Course: Healthier Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 2 packages or pouches instant potato flakes, unseasoned or plain flavour
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes (optional)
Directions for Preparation
- Heat margarine, water, milk, and seasonings in a pot just until boiling.
- Turn off heat. Stir in potatoes.
- Let sit 2 minutes then whip quickly until smooth and fluffy.
This simple recipe packs more nutritional punch than following the directions on the box as it contains double the amount of bone-strengthening calcium and vitamin D.