Main Course: Holiday Potatoes and Peas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 potatoes, washed, brown spots removed and cut into a small dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas
Directions for Preparation
- In a large skillet, warm the oil. Add the potatoes. Cook until softened, about 15 – 20 minutes. Stir often
- Thaw the frozen peas by placing in a bowl with hot water. Drain well.
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the seasonings and the peas. Cook for a few minutes until the peas are heated through.
- Double this recipe and serve the leftovers the next morning as a potato hash along with eggs.
This simple, colorful veggie side dish pairs with any holiday meal. It can be made ahead of time and reheated right before serving.