Snack: Garden Vegetable Sandwich Spread
Servings: 1 ½ cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 package
- (227 grams) cream cheese
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green pepper, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped or ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried herb like dill or parsley
Directions for Preparation
- In a medium bowl, stir all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Use right away or store in the fridge for later use.
- Spread a teaspoon or two onto your sandwich to eat as is or top with healthier deli meats and sandwich fillings.
Aim to choose whole grain bread options for your sandwich. This means whole wheat flour should be the first ingredient on the label. Healthy grain products are: %100 whole wheat bread, rye bread, tortilla, English muffin, pita and flatbread. These choices should have at least 2 grams of fibre per serving.