Main Course: Simple Soy Sauce Chicken
- ¼ cup
- soy sauce, preferably low sodium
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice or orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 chicken legs, skin removed
- 2 cups frozen peas
Optional: ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped or ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large baking dish, stir together all the ingredients except the chicken pieces and the peas.
- Add the chicken pieces. Stir them around so that each piece is well-coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle on the peas.
- Place the lid on the baking dish or cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for an hour.
Side dish options for this saucy dish are brown rice, whole wheat noodles, and quinoa or barley.