Snack: Carrots with an Apple Glaze
Servings: 6 – 8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 small or 1 large bag (about 2 pounds) ready-to-serve mini carrots
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dash of salt
Directions for Preparation
- Steam the carrots.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by warming up the butter or margarine in a large pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Stirring often, bring up to a gentle boil. Let cook a few minutes until the glaze thickens.
- Add the steamed carrots to the pan and cook until each carrot is sticky with the glaze.
To use frozen carrots, place in a bowl with boiling water to thaw. Drain the water then add to the pan with the glaze at step #5.