Snack: Swedish Drop Cookies
Servings: 4 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- About 1 cup jam or pie filling
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg whites. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer cream together the butter, egg yolks, sugar, and flour.
- Form into small balls.
- Dip the balls into the egg whites then roll into the chopped walnuts.
- Press flat and dent the middle of the cookie with your pinky finger.
- Into the dent, place jam or a little pie filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
The holidays are a time of celebration but often it is too easy to overindulge. Two of these cookies are just the right portion size.