Main Course: Classic Meatballs
Servings: 30 small meatballs
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- About 1-pound (454 grams) any ground meat
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 slices whole wheat bread toasted and broken up into small pieces or ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, grated
- ½ teaspoon dried herbs like basil, oregano, parsley
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F.
- In a medium-size bowl, use a fork to beat the egg into the milk. Stir in the bread and the onion.
- When the bread has soaked up all the liquid, add the meat and the herbs.
- Use your hands to blend the mixture until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Grab a tablespoon of the mixture to form into a small meatball. Set aside on a plate or tray.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the meatballs on one or two baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meatballs are still not cooked.
- Add to spaghetti sauce and cook another 10 minutes. If you are using a sauce or a glaze, add it now and cook the meatballs in the frying pan or the oven for at least another 10 minutes. If you are eating them as is, cook another 10 minutes.