Main Course: Baked Potato Fans
- 8 medium potatoes, washed and brown spots removed
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Hold the end of a potato. Use a sharp knife to cut across the potato. Do not cut through the potato, leave at least a ½ inch at the bottom. Continue making slits as thin as you can. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Evenly space the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Mix the oil with garlic powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Spoon half of the oil mixture on top of the potatoes.
- Bakes for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Using tongs, slightly squeeze the bottom of the potato to open up the fan.
- Spoon the rest of the oil mixture onto the potatoes.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.
A simple recipe for a good-looking baked potato that has crispy skin and tons of garlic flavor! Starchier, white, or yellow potatoes work the best with this recipe.