Main Course: Creamy Pasta Salad
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs like parsley, oregano, basil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 12 oz. (375 g) box or bag of pasta, like macaroni
- 2 cups canned green beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 green or red bell pepper, shredded or thinly sliced
Directions for Preparation
- For the dressing, stir together all the ingredients. Let stand for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain. Rinse under cold running water until cool. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, green beans, carrots, and green or red pepper and the dressing.
This is a creamy and classic pasta salad that will surely please the family. For a nutrient boost, use whole wheat noodles. For a protein boost, add a can of drained tuna.