Main Course: Lunchtime Power Bowl
- Grain: 1 cup cooked rice, preferably brown
- Vegetable: ½ cup veggies like chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes, sliced jarred beets
- Protein: ½ cup any leftover cooked meat like chicken OR ½ can tuna OR ½ cup canned beans
- 2 tablespoons hummus dip
- 2 tablespoons favourite salad dressing
Directions for Preparation
- At the bottom of a container, layer the rice, then vegetables then meat/beans.
- Mix together the hummus and your favorite dressing. Place in a separate container.
- Store in the fridge.
- Right before eating, warm up the power bowl then top with the hummus dressing mixture.
Assemble your power bowl in minutes for a hearty and healthy weekday lunch. There are dozens of different power bowl combinations by changing up the grain, vegetable protein or dressing.