Main Course: No-Fry Crunchy Breaded Chicken
- 6-8 chicken thighs or drumsticks, thawed & skin is taken off
- 1 cup oats, plain (unflavoured)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pouch Shake n Bake
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread with oil.
- Place the oats in a large, clean plastic bag or in a bowl. Repeat for the Shake n Bake.
- Crack eggs, place in a bowl, and scramble with a fork.
- Put each chicken piece into the oats. Push the chicken into the oats so each piece is well-coated.
- Then dip a chicken piece into the eggs, then right away coat with the Shake n Bake. Place onto the baking sheet, leaving space in between each piece.
- Do the same for each piece.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until juices run clear when poked with a fork.
This is a no-fail, no-fuss version of classic fried chicken. It has juicy meat covered in a thick, perfectly crunchy crust - the trick is the oats! For a balanced meal, serve with a vegetable like cauliflower and a grain product like whole-grain noodles.