Snack: Grilled PB & J Sandwiches
Servings: 1 sandwich
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon butter or non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon jam
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
Directions for Preparation
- Spread half of the butter or non-hydrogenated margarine on one side of a slice of bread. Then spread peanut butter on the other side.
- On the other slice of bread, spread the leftover butter or margarine on one side, and jam on the other.
- In a hot frying pan, place a slice of bread with the butter side down. Top other slice of bread so that the peanut butter and jam are touching.
- Flip when golden brown. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before slicing.
This is a warm and gooey sandwich that the kids will love. For a balanced meal, eat with a fruit and a glass of milk or milk alternative like soy milk.