Main Course: Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 head cauliflower, washed then cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (354 mL) evaporated milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Steam the cauliflower until soft.
- Grease a medium-size baking dish.
- In a medium bowl add the flour. Slowly stir in the milk until smooth. Add the garlic and cheese. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, add the baking dish. Top with the milk mixture.
- Sprinkle on the breadcrumbs and then the parmesan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
This cheesy cauliflower side dish has a crunchy topping. To save time, cook the cauliflower the night before.