Main Course: BBQ Stuffed Peppers
Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 - 35 minutes
- 4 green peppers, washed sliced in half lengthwise with seeds removed
- ½ large onion, very finely diced
- 1 ½ cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup stove top stuffing mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup shredded cheese, any type
Directions for Preparation
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the shredded cheese.
- Once the water is absorbed, stir in the shredded cheese.
- Stuff each pepper half with the mixture and wrap completely in aluminum foil.
- Place bottom side down on the top rack of the grill.
- Cook for 25 minutes if the BBQ lid stays down most of the time, 35 minutes if the lid is opened often.