Snack: Ham and Apple Roll Ups
Servings: 6 roll ups (enough for 2-3 kids)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 1 apple
- 6 slices block cheese, any type
- 2 slices ham
Directions for Preparation
- Cut the apple into thin slices (less than ¼ inch thick).
- Cut 6 thin slices of block cheese.
- Cut the ham slices in half.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of a piece of apple then wrap with ham, hold in place with a toothpick. Repeat for all the roll ups.
Deli meats are high in sodium (salt). Try to find the healthiest choice by looking at the nutritional label and pick the ham with the least amount of salt per slice.