Soup: Italian Meatball Soup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- ½ package of frozen, chopped spinach (150 grams)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 24 frozen beef meatballs
- ¾ cups pasta noodles, preferably whole wheat, any shape or ½ cup pearl barley
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried basil or dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon powdered chicken soup base/bouillons
Directions for Preparation
- In a large pot, fry the onions in the oil until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and bring up to a boil.
- Cook until the pasta and the carrots are tender.
Beef and spinach are foods that are high in iron. Iron is a mineral naturally found in many foods, but it is also added to some foods like flour, pastas, and cereals including infant cereal. If you don’t get enough iron, you may appear pale, and feel tired and irritable.