Main Course: The Best Juicy Pork Chops
- Four to six pork chops (about 1 pound or 454 grams), fat trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, preferably low sodium
- *Optional: 2 green onions, sliced
Directions for Preparation
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, oil, water, lemon juice, and sugar until dissolved.
- Remove ¼ cup of the marinade, stir in the soy sauce and set aside for later.
- Place the pork chops into a large freezer bag then pour in the marinade. Remove the air then seal the bag well.
- Let sit for 20 minutes in the fridge while making the side dishes.
- Preheat a BBQ grill or frying pan to medium heat. Remove the pork from the marinade then place on the hot pan or grill. Throw out the marinade.
- Cook until the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 160 °F.
- Place the meat in a dish, pour the leftover soy marinade and the green onions over the pork and cover to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Food doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious. A simple marinade transforms these pork chops into a tender and flavourful dish served with rice and any vegetable. If the pork chops have a thick band of fat around them, trim away as much fat as possible then make small slits on the remaining fat to prevent the pork chops from curling while cooking.