Main Course: Citrus BBQ Pork or Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds of any cut of pork or chicken, trimmed of fat
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, optional
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably low salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Directions for Preparation
- Stir all the ingredients together except the meat in a large bowl. Add more garlic to your taste.
- Add the chicken and stir until all the pieces are coated. If you have time, let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the BBQ grill on high.
- Place the meat on the BBQ and turn down to low. If there is a lot of smoke, move the meat to the top rack of or set on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 74°C (165°F).
Many people get foodborne illness from not cooking meat to the right temperatures. Invest in a low-cost thermometer as this is your best bet in checking if the meat is safe to eat.