Snack: Campfire Chocolate Oranges
- 6 medium to large size oranges
- ¾ cup instant pancake/biscuit mix
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
Directions for Preparation
- Cut out a lid on the top of the orange like you would when carving a Halloween pumpkin.
- Save the top.
- Scoop out the seeds and the pulp. Save for later.
- In a medium bowl mix together the milk and the pancake mix.
- Fill each orange half full of batter, top with a small handful of chocolate chips, then top with remaining batter.
- Place tops back on oranges, fully wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place in campfire for about 15 -20 minutes.
- Eat pulp while waiting for orange muffins to be done.
- Remove from fire, cool a few minutes and enjoy.
This is a fun breakfast while camping but you can also make this recipe at home in the oven by baking for 45 minutes in a 350°F oven.