Main Course: Foolproof Egg Salad
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing, low fat if available
- 2 tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Directions for Preparation
- Place your eggs on the bottom of your pot and cover with cold water. The water should be about an inch higher than the eggs. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Bring up to a gentle boil then set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Drain water and run cold water over eggs until cooled to prevent a green ring from around the yolks.
- Peel eggs then roughly chop.
- If you like a smoother egg salad, mash with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve within 2 days.
To peel a hard-boiled egg, crack the shell all over by tapping the egg on the side of the pot. Roll the egg between your hands to loosen the shell. Begin peeling at the large end. Dip in a bowl of water to rinse away small pieces of shell.