Snack: Crab-Stuffed Avocado Boats
Servings: 8 avocado halves
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 4 ripe avocados, cut in half lengthwise, pit removed
- 2 cups imitation crab chunks, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 small celery stalks or ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing, low fat if available
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- Pepper to taste
Directions for Preparation
- Scoop out the avocado into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and gently stir until combined.
- Place back onto the avocado shells.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Creamy avocado and crab salad get stuffed back into the avocado halves for a fun and low carb meal idea. You can tell an avocado is ready when it feels slightly soft, but not “mushy”. To quickly ripen hard avocados, place them in a bag with an apple for a few days.