Snack: Baked Chocolate Oranges
Servings: 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup plain oats
- 6 medium oranges, washed
- 1 ¼ cup dry pancake mix
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ sugar
- ½ cup milk
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl. Pour 1 cup of boiling water onto the oats.
- Meanwhile, slice a thin piece of orange off the top and bottom of each orange so that it will sit straight when placed on either end.
- Then cut each orange in half so that each half will sit straight on a cookie sheet.
- Use a spoon to scoop out most of the insides of each orange. Don’t take out too much because you don’t want the batter to pour out through the bottom.
- Add half of the orange flesh and juice into the bowl with the oats. Save the rest for a snack later.
- Mix the oats and the orange well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop out into the orange halves and bake.