Snack: Apple Oat Fritters
Servings: 12 small fritters
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 apple, chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
Directions for Preparation
- In a bowl, let the oats soak the milk while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add enough oil in the pan so there is about 1 inch in the pan. Start to heat the oil on low.
- Add the chopped apple to the oats.
- Use the back of a spoon to bash the apple into the oats so it breaks it down into smaller pieces.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- The oil is ready when a little batter is dropped into it and it sizzles.
- Using a wet hand, take a small scoop of the mixture and drop it gently into the hot oil. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Leave space between each fritter.
- Flip when golden brown.
These fritters are a nice treat while at camp; and they could not be easier! You will surely want to double the batch. Keep a bowl of water close by as you make the fritters. Wet your hand in between each fritter so that the dough will roll off easily into the pan.