Snack: Bean Dip
Servings: 6 snack-size servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-15 minutes
- 1 large can of kidney beans (540 mL), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ package (about a tablespoon) taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Directions for Preparation
- In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients except for the shredded cheese until it is warm.
- Heat until the mixture is warm.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a small casserole dish.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Either microwave or bake in the oven at 400 ° F until the cheese is melted.
This dip is the perfect Friday movie night snack. Leftovers are great to spread onto a slice of bread for a quick sandwich the next day.Use baked pita or tortillas cut into triangles to scoop up the dip instead of fried tortilla chips. Store leftovers in the fridge.