Main Course: Chicken Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches
Servings: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices chicken or turkey bacon, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 8 slices of whole-wheat toast or 4 whole wheat English muffins
Directions for Preparation
- In a large frying pan, add the oil and cook the bacon until golden brown.
- In a medium-size bowl, scramble the eggs.
- Add the eggs and cheese to the pan. Move the mixture around until cooked.
- Use the mixture to assemble the breakfast sandwiches.
This is an easy and delicious, one-pan egg scramble that is stuffed into a sandwich. For an added nutrition boost, add a few handfuls of fresh spinach to the pan at the same time as the eggs. You can also add a handful of frozen, thawed spinach.