Main Course: Turkey & Cheese Taquitos
- 4 cheese strings
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas
- 8 slices deli turkey or chicken or ham
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- On a plate lay out a tortilla. Top it with 2 slices of turkey deli meat and a cheese string.
- Roll up and place with the seam side down on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Spray the roll-ups with vegetable cooking spray or coat them a little oil using your fingers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
Taquitos are a Mexican food that is a rolled-up tortilla filling with meat and cheese then deep-fried. We are going to bake these instead, but they will still be golden and crispy. Serve alongside healthier dips to dunk them in like hummus, guacamole or tomato salsa.