Salad: Macaroni and Cheese Salad
Servings: twelve 1-cup portions
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
This big-batch macaroni salad is a fan favourite at potlucks and feasts.
- 1 box (about 400 grams) macaroni noodles, preferably whole wheat
- ½ teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 1 carrot, rinsed and grated
- 1 cucumber, rinsed and grated
- 1 cup ranch dressing, preferably low fat
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded or cut into small cubes
- 1 can (about 350 mL) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Directions for Preparation
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile put the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain and rinse with cool water.
- Let sit to cool. Once cool to touch, add the noodles to the bowl.
- Gently stir until all the noodles are coated.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.